I just got home from Haight Funeral Home. There was a viewing being held for Maura, a 23 year old girl who died from a drug overdose on August 15th.
When I arrived, I realized that I was standing with two other families who had lost their children to overdoses. That’s four families, in one room; My son Rob (18), Maura (23), Bryan (24), and Taylor (21).
These were good children, from good families, and they all lost their lives to this terrible disease of addiction. Think about this for a moment; Four families, in one room, from one community, lost their children to drug overdoses.